Costume Research Centre
The Costume Research Centre is a state-of-the-art facility that offers visitors and researchers a truly unique opportunity to inspect and study one of the most important collections of textiles and fashion in the world, ranging from archaeological fragments to heavy tapestry and carpets, accessories and underwear to embroidered 18th century court dresses and contemporary haute couture.
The Costume Research Centre offers visitors:
- A quiet, light, spacious and comfortable study room where individuals and small groups of up to three people can study objects of their choice.
- A seminar room for larger groups of up to 10 people.
- A study collection of textiles selected to show a range of techniques.
- Reference books and on-site access to the collections database0
- Valid passport
- National Insurance Card
- Photo driving licence
- Student Union card
- Official accreditation card from a recognised place of work
- Worthing Theatres and Museum membership card