Who We Are
Worthing Theatres and Museum is a unique arts and heritage charity consisting of four theatres, a cinema, a museum and gallery all positioned within the heart of the town of Worthing in West Sussex. Our large portfolio of venues; Connaught Theatre, Studio and Cinema, Pavilion Theatre, Assembly Hall and Museum and Gallery bring the very best theatre, music, dance, exhibitions, film and education opportunities to our community.
What We Do
Primarily these include; theatre, costume, contemporary circus, film, archaeology, dance and fine art. We seek to inspire the whole community and create opportunities for engagement with the arts and heritage.
We work with renowned theatre makers, promoters and producers throughout the UK and Europe; founded one of the largest contemporary circus programmes in the UK and hold the largest costume collection of everyday wear in the UK, as well as notable collections in fine and decorative arts, toys and dolls and archaeology.
We want to ensure that everyone has opportunities to get closer to our programmed work, visting exhibitions and collections.
Vision, Mission and Aims
Enrich people’s lives through arts and heritage. Our Mission
We will enable everyone to access arts and heritage by creating shared experiences that entertain, educate and inspire. Our Aims
- Surprise and delight our audiences with visionary work of artistic excellence.
- Provide aspirational opportunities for young people ensuring the creative voices of the future.
- Cultivate creativity, supporting the next generation of artists.
- Champion inclusion, curating a diverse programme for our community.
- Invest in our teams, making creative thinking the norm.